Political and Security Risk Analyst (Hong Kong)
FA AnalystJob Title: Political and Security Risk Analyst (Hong Kong)
At least one years’ relevant work experience, ideally including time spent working or studying outside your home country
Closing date for applications: 31 Jul 2018
We are seeking to recruit a political and security risk analyst to work in an embedded role in one of our client firms, a global beverage brand. The role will be based in the client’s Hong Kong offices. Time commitment would be split between client work and Falanx Assynt work.
The role is predominantly focused on analysing political and security risk developments globally from a commercial and client-focused perspective and predicting future trends. The role also involves assessing physical threats to assets abroad and travel security threats to the client’s staff. Other work includes supporting business development by contributing to market entry projects and monitoring and flagging issues that could pose reputational risks to the client’s brand.
Most of the work will focus on Asia (South, South-East and East Asia), the Pacific, Australia and New Zealand. Falanx Assynt work may also cover other geographic areas, including Africa and MENA. A general knowledge of security and political issues in these areas is therefore an advantage.
While Falanx has an existing relationship with the client, the Hong Kong role will be a newly created position. A key part of the role will therefore be developing and promoting the function within the Hong Kong office, and so we are looking for someone capable of taking initiative, building strong relationships and working with little guidance.
- As the role will be based in the client’s office in Hong Kong, applicants must be willing to relocate there. For visa purposes, in your application please state the nationality or nationalities that you hold.
- Experience of political and security risk analysis in a corporate environment and a good sense of which developments are of interest to commercial clients. This includes an ability to listen to guidance, network within the client company and understand the needs of the business.
- Political and security awareness. To be able to identify key political and security issues and to analyse such developments and their likely consequences. A proven focus or interest in Asia, the Pacific and Australasia is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills. This is a client-facing role, so the ability to network and build positive relationships with colleagues is integral.
- Self-reliance and the ability to work independently and with little guidance. The applicant must also be willing to work flexibly across different time zones.
- To be able to write clearly, simply, imaginatively and compellingly to native-speaker standards of English.
- Strong self-discipline and attention to detail. Reading large quantities of material and summarising information succinctly is an integral part of the role.
- The ability to get up to speed quickly on a country of which you may have little or no experience and to speak knowledgeably and confidently on such matters in a client environment.
- At least one years’ relevant work experience, ideally including time spent working or studying outside your home country.
- To be able to speak engagingly to commercially focused personnel.
- A good degree, and ideally a relevant MA.
- Knowledge of Cantonese or a major South or South East Asian language is an advantage.
Please send a CV and a short (one-page) cover letter to email@example.com
Join the Falanx team
Drop us a line! We’re always interested in hearing from talented individuals, whether you’re just embarking on your security career or you’ve racked up years of experience. Please submit your CV in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for a chat on 020 7856 9457. Please note that for cyber security roles, suitability to hold UK security clearance is essential.