Assistant Accountant – Maternity Cover (9 months)
Falanx is an exciting, global Cyber Security and Intelligence business proud to provide some of the largest businesses UK and globally with our Security Protection, Professional Services, Intelligence and Consulting services. Our customers include some of the best-known brands across the globe.
For Falanx, it’s simple; we all see cyber and political risks continue to dominate our headlines, placing security issues at the forefront of people’s minds. The rapid deployment of complex network solutions and change in technology only adds to the challenges our customers will encounter – and we are here to help them.
We have big, exciting plans and are always looking for talent to join our teams across all areas of the business in some of the most interesting roles on the market.
We are a friendly bunch and our employees are what makes Falanx such a special place to work!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team to support a period of maternity leave for up to 9 months. The role reports directly to the Group Financial Controller and supports all the business units. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated and organised individual with previous experience in a Finance role working closely with numbers. You will have a high attention to detail and work within our finance team to deliver an excellent service to the business.
- Responsible for the management of the purchase ledger, both the processing of invoices and credit notes, the payments to suppliers in accordance with the supplier terms and the filing of the supplier invoices.
- Responsible for the management of the sales ledger, raising invoices in accordance with contracts and billing requirements and credit and debt control.
- Reconcile supplier and customer accounts on a regular basis and resolve all anomalies and discrepancies
- Responsible for the process of checking employee’s expenses inputted on PeopleHR are in line with the Companies Expense Policy, and processing them for payment.
- Responsible for the processing of company credit card transactions, ensuring VAT is correctly accounted for
- Preparation and processing of month-end journals
- Assist in the production and submission of monthly and annual accounts
- Cost Centre reporting and review
- Liaise with external auditors
- Support mid-month and pre to close forecast process.
- Support development of budgets
- Corporate reporting and ad hoc support
- Prior experience in an accounts payable/receivable role essential
- Experience in producing management accounts for small size divisions
- Hardworking individual with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Versatility and a willingness to get hands on
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as be able to communicate effectively with employees from different teams
- Results driven, and deadline focused
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to analyse and manipulate data
- Organised, methodical and proactive approach to work
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and produce accurate and meaningful financial data
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Life Insurance
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org