Falanx Group Ltd and its subsidiaries (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Falanx Group Ltd, Maples Corporate Services (BVI) Limited, PO Box 173, Kingston Chambers, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you;
- Information that you provide by requesting information via www.falanx.com to email@example.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps to analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Storage of your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. However, any credit or debit card information is not collected or stored by us but by our payment provider. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by electronic means (e-mail or SMS), post, fax or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer we will contact you only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please advise us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Falanx Group Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- Other circumstances of which you are notified at the time that you provide data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.